- Duration: 30 minutes
- For all
- 656 vues
Groupe Tango Sumo
The chorus is the driving force behind this performance, dancing frenetically, willing themselves into metamorphosis. Together they plot a route to the furthest edges of conscious thought, breathing in unison as they explore its outer limits. Slowly to begin with, then accelerating beyond all control. In the process the chorus becomes a single beating heart, finding harmony through unity, unity at all costs.
A dance performance with a beating heart. Not the heart as symbol of love, courage or honour… Just beating flesh, the raw expression of life. The heart that keeps the body moving. Around is a modern fable, a utopia of movement. Harmony is restored to the universe through this ritual occupation of the public space, as the pavement thumps in unison with this beating collective heart…
This is a complex, balletic performance in which the group’s internal geometry constantly shifts and transforms. A continuous process of metamorphosis, shaped by the multiple, broken, overlapping rhythms of the dance… Accelerating into a state of frenzy. The overall effect is one of temporal chaos, as the extreme, cautious slowness of the start gradually evolves into an irresistible trance state.
Around is a stubborn, insistent experiment in pushing dance to its logical conclusion, driving the dancers into a state of pure isolation. Around is a genuinely breathless experience, even as the chorus of dancers unite their breathing to form a single beating heart. A single being with multiple bodies, moving at incredible speed and occupying an unfathomably vast space.
Distribution and legal informations
- Choreographer: Olivier Germser
- Assistant choreographers: Benjamin Tricha & Stéphanie Gaillard
- Dancers: Benjamin Tricha, Maxime Herviou, Herwann Asseh, Franck Guiblin, Renaud Djabali, Stéphanie Gaillard, Laetitia Couasnon, Suzie Babin, Gianluca Girolami (remplaçant)
- Music composed by: Romain Dubois
- Lighting: Loïc Lostanlen
- Costumes: Aude Gestin
- Production/ Distribution / Communication: Thaïs Le Saux
- Co-producers: Le Fourneau , Centre National des Arts de la Rue - Brest (29) L’Atelier 231, Centre National des Arts de la Rue - Sotteville-lès-Rouen (76) Le Parapluie, Centre International de création Artistique - Aurillac (15) L’Espace du Roudour - Saint Martin des Champs (29) Compagnie Moral Soul - Brest (29)
- Partners: La Ville de Saint Hilaire de Riez (85) Cadhame - Halle Verrière de Meisenthal (57) La Ville de Landivisiau (29)
- With support from: DRAC Bretagne Conseil Régional de Bretagne Conseil Général du Finistère Morlaix Communauté Ville de Morlaix Ville de Saint-Martin-des-Champs La SACD / Auteurs d’Espaces Direction Générale de la Création Artistique Spectacle vivant en Bretagne
- Place of capture : Place Mauvard
- Collection : Mimos 2015