- Duration: 1 h
- Great britain
- For all
- 947 vues
Nine chairs, a dash of Baroque chamber music, a few pounds of apples and nine jugglers, in suits and little black dresses, getting to grips with the apples and crockery – or hammers.
Eighty apples and nine breath-taking jugglers: raw materials twisted into incredible new shapes by Gandini Juggling! These deadpan English artistes take the art of movement and juggling into new territory, offering a glimpse into their unique worldview and its shifting moods. Smashed is an irresistible combination of theatre, dance and juggling, a concoction dreamed up by a gang of dancing jugglers and juggling dancers. Never short of ideas, this cosmopolitan company here offers up a vibrant homage to the great German choreographer Pina Bausch. With great technical flair, the artists string together a seemingly infinite combination of movements, creating a series of cinematic images and living, breathing tableaux devoted to impossible love and lost innocence. Tableaux which inevitably culminate in a crescendo of crushed apples and smashed plates… All imbued with a 1940s aesthetic, as crisp as it is theatrical.
Distribution and legal informations
- Director: Sean Gandini
- Lighting: Mark Jonathan
- Assistant director: Kati Ylä-Hokkala
- Written by: John-Paul Zaccarini
- Performers (alternating tours): Michael Antony Bell, Sean Gandini, Tedros Girmaye, Doreen Grossmann, Kim Huynh, Antoni Klemm, Sakari Männistö, Chris Patfield, Owen Reynolds, Ben Richter, Carlos Romero Martin, Iñaki Sastre, Niels Siedel, Arron Sparks, Malte Steinmetz, José Triguero Delgado, Jon Udry, Kati Ylä-Hokkala, Cecilia Zucchetti
- Production: Gandini Juggling
- With support from: Watch This Space Festival, National Theatre - London, La Brèche, Pôle National des Arts du Cirque de Basse-Normandie, Cherbourg-Octeville, British Arts Council
- Place of capture : Parc Gamenson
- Collection : Mimos 2015