- Duration: 50 minutes
- For all
- 488 vues
This performance tells the story of a woman who strips away her beliefs and her ghosts to reveal her true essence. Beneath her skin she finds multiple competing identities: femininity, masculinity, animal impulses. She has spent her whole life locked inside this shell, staring into the void and facing her fear of the unknown.
A woman drawing circles in a world of squares. Within the confines of her cramped house she discovers internal and external spaces, ravaged by day-to-day life and her solitude, dreams and fears.
This is a story about the drive for freedom, a woman who abandons her flesh and her body in order to rebuild herself.
Driven by this hunger for total liberty, she swings on a trapeze above a bed of flames. Up there, far above the fire, the trapeze artist reveals the full extent of her power and technical flair.
Feminine identity, rituals of the flesh, the mystery of sacrifice. She dances, driven by the convulsive force of renewal and freedom.
Knives as protection against the outside world. She casts these weapons at the shadows which have haunted her life, picking up scraps of her past, scattered remains of herself.
Distribution and legal informations
- Designed and performed by: Marlène Rubinelli Giordano with the participation of Marc Pareti
- Choreography: Karin Vyncke
- Stage design: Yvett Rotscheid
- Music: Bertrand Landhauser, Patrice Colet
- Light design: Olivier Duris
- Sound design: Jean-Paul Peyrat
- Set construction: Daniel Doumergue
- Produced by: Collectif AOC
- Coproduced by: CODARTS/ Rotterdam
- With the support of: ORCCA/Région Champagne Ardenne ; Coopérative De Rue et De Cirque/2r2c ; Théâtre d’Arles ; Espace Périphérique (Ville de Paris-Parc de la Villette), Scène conventionnée pour des écritures d’aujourd’hui ; Ilotopie/Le Citron Jaune-Centre national des Arts de la Rue/Port-Saint- Louis-du-Rhône ; Verrerie d’Alès en Cévennes–Pôle National des Arts du Cirque Languedoc-Roussillon ; Agora Pôle National des Arts du Cirque Boulazac Aquitaine ; Théâtre Le Monfort/Paris
- With help from: Ministère de la Culture/DGCA ; DRAC Aquitaine ; OARA/ Office artistique de la région Aquitaine ; Conseil Général de Dordogne ; Ville de Boulazac
- Artistic residency: Le Collectif AOC is a partner of l’Agora Pôle National des Arts du Cirque Boulazac Aquitaine
- Place of capture : L'Agora Boulazac
- Collection : Mimos 2014