- Duration: 50 min
- For all
- 471 vues
Phare Ponleu Selpak
A group of schoolchildren is confronted with spectral figures and must react to this sudden danger. The ghosts force the young heroes to surpass themselves physically, but also to make a choice: fight or flight?
The animistic tradition is still very much alive in in Cambodia and ghosts, beings who are stuck between life and reincarnation, form an underlying layer of shared and familiar fears. In the confrontation between the young and carefree schoolchildren bubbling with energy and two equally dangerous and agile ghosts, the themes of emancipation, participation and solidarity are played out: to overcome their fears and be able to laugh at them, they have to surpass themselves and stand united.
A beautiful immersion in Cambodian culture, midway between traditional music and circus arts, Chills swings between scary scenes, comic moments, aerial contortions and juggling. This show is presented by the humanitarian association Phare Ponleu Selpak (and the collective Clowns d’ailleurs et d’ici), a haven of peace where more than 1000 Cambodian children receive not only traditional schooling but also artistic training: circus, music and theatre. Combining the most improbable and acrobatic feats, the young artistes also give us a salutary lesson in the art of life. The Cirque Phare is a jewel of Cambodian art.
Distribution and legal informations
- Street art adapted by: Xavier Martin (Cie Dare D’art)
- Co-directed with: Chamroeun Khuontha
- Technical aspects: Vichheka Vann
- Performers: Vanny Chhoeum, Chanpov Chhuon, Lidorn Khon, Viban Kong, Tida Kong, Dara Heng (circus acts), Daneth Deap, Ratha Pov (music)
- Produced by: Phare Ponleu Selpak; Collectif Clowns d’ailleurs et d’ici
- With the support of: Région Île de France; Ville de Pantin; Union Européenne; Le Gang Créatif; Spedidam; à petit Pas; SHAM Spectacles; Unesco
- Residencies: Nil Obstrat; Cie Isis
- Place of capture : Parc Gamenson
- Collection : Mimos 2017