- Duration: 55 minutes
- For all
- 627 vues
A backdrop reminiscent of a New York jazz club, a gramophone, a bar, four stools and a nonchalant barman... Enter five young men decked out in trench coats, à la French Connection. An infectious euphoria takes hold of the dancers, as they swap gravity-defying hip-hop moves over a soundtrack of mambo, calypso, tango, jazz and electro...
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything” - Plato.
In Ballet Bar, the dancers of the Pyramid Company revel in their unbreakable bond with music. Together they use mime and the choreographed handling of props to transform an impressive hip-hop dance demonstration into a truly narrative performance. Dance, acrobatics and the art of movement are combined and contorted in a cleverly-crafted piece which derives its power, energy and virtuoso flair from the physical prowess of its performers, all capped off with flourishes of subtle humour.
Distribution and legal informations
- Choreography: Cie Pyramid with help from Emilie Bel Baraka
- Performers: Rudy Torres, Tony Baron, Mustapha Ridaoui, Fouad Kouchy, Youssef Bel Baraka, Jamel Feraouche
- Produced by: Cie Pyramid
- With the backing of: DRAC Poitou-Charentes ; Conseil régional Poitou-Charentes ; Conseil général de Charente Maritime ; Communauté d’Agglomération du Pays Rochefortais ; Ville de Rochefort ; Direction Départementale de la Cohésion Sociale ; Préfecture de Charente-Maritime as part of the C.U.C.S scheme
- Supported by: Centre chorégraphique de La Rochelle/Poitou-Charentes (Direction Kader Attou/Cie Accrorap)
- Place of capture : Parc Gamenson
- Collection : Mimos 2014